Monday, November 19, 2007

Winter is coming. . .

by Amy
Well, this past weekend it definitely got cold here. It dropped below 0 degrees celcius on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. We went out with some friends for tapas on Friday night and it was cold! Phil and I didn´t come too prepared for the winter here so. . . after much talk by our friends about our lack of coats (and cause we were cold), we went out on Saturday and bought some:
In other news: Phil made some amazing empanadillas with chicken, tomato, onion, and spinach. Delicious!
We are also proficient now at making the typical tortilla espaƱol:

I also made some chocolate chip cookies this past week too, a taste of home:) It was a little hard to find some of the ingredients here, but they still tasted the same. Brown sugar here is just white sugar except, brown. I couldn´t find any chocolate chips either so I just bought a chocolate bar and chopped it up. Just as good. Today Phil is in the process of making croquetas, another typical Spanish food so tonight we´ll be eating good once again! We hope to become proficient in cooking all sorts of Spanish delicacies so when we come back to the States we can open our own Spanish restuarant and serve tapas the correct way (for free with the cost of a drink) or. . . just make tasty food for all our friends and family to enjoy :) Hope you´re all doing well. We miss you guys!

5 comments:

Kendra said...

Hey Amy,
I found your blog...it was exciting to read what you have been up to. It's wonderful that you and your brother are able to experience all these new things. You are defiently missed here, but I'm glad things are going well for you. I pretty excited because I'm going home tomorrow for Thanksgiving and then Christmas is coming :). Have a good day and I'll talk to you soon. Love, Kendra

Anonymous said...

I assume the black one is Phil's and the gray one Amy's? Nice! What's the weather going to be like in Feb.?

I sure miss you guys

Mom

Phillip and Amy said...

Good eye Mom. I´m glad to see someone caught on :)

-Amy

Phillip and Amy said...

Kendra!!! Sorry I didn´t tell you about the blog sooner, my bad. I think you need to start one now so i can know what you´re up to too :)

Hope you have fun at home with the fam!

-Amy

Kendra said...

Hey Amy (and your brother too)
I hope you guys had a good Thanksgiving day. I don't know if they do anything in Spain, but I hope you were able to find some time to celebrate the day. There are many things to be thankful for. I'm especially thankful for you Amy and that God placed you in my path. Have a good rest of your weekend. Love