Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Tapas

We´re discovering tapa bars. Here, you go to a bar and order a caña (a small draft beer) or a glass of wine. Along with your drinks they give you a plate of tapas. It might be a small sandwich and some french fries, or some tasty meat, or it could be a whole grilled ham and cheese sandwich... The drinks are quite cheap and the snacks delicious. We´ve gone out with one of the teachers here a couple times and her husband. Her husband works at a bank so I ended up going to his bank to set up my spanish bank account so hopefully I will get paid one of these days. We made a trip to Ciudad Real to get my Identity card and extend my Visa. I filled out the applications and I found out this week that I have to go back to finalize the process. Ciudad Real is the capital of the province and is about a 45 minute bus ride away. We were finally able to go to a Churrería while in Ciudad Real. The churros here are different from the Mexican type ones you find in the states. You can get a really thick hot chocolate to dunk them in, but I prefer to get a café con leche and use part of the huge sugar packet they give you to sprinkle on my churros.

Since then we have figured out where the churrerías are in Valdepeñas and there is one quite near to our piso.

No comments: