Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Job situation

Where to start? They made a schedule for my 12 hour work week at the Official Language School. I go every Tuesday through Thursday at 1PM until 2PM. This is to help with a class of primary and secondary teachers. It is a new program trying to teach teachers English so they will be able to have bilingual education in their schools. I have been helping them prepare speeches and leading discussions. I also go for an extra hour on Tuesday mornings for audiovisual hours and watch a movie with them. This happens to be at 10AM so I end up with 2 hours between classes to just hang around and use the internet rather than walking the 20 minutes to go home.

I also come in for two hours every evening, Mon. through Thurs. This time is for me to speak to various classes. The schedule is arranged so that I can be available for every class offered at the school so it also has gaps. More downtime for hanging around, internet browsing and watching movies... So far I have not been utilized in too many classes but this will probably start to change next week. I also have two hours a week in my schedule for socializing with the other teachers during coffee break time. The evening classes are all students over the age of 16, mostly adults though. My weekends are beautiful. Thurday night from 9 PM until Monday at 5PM.

Amy is giving a lesson here and there but not too many yet.

No comments: