Monday, November 19, 2007

Amy´s job. . . or lack thereof :)

by Amy

I was realizing this morning that some of you who may read this blog might be wondering what I am doing for work. Well, it has been hard and slow going (due to my lack of a proper work visa) but I am making some money now. I put up a bunch of signs around town advertising english tutoring. I had my first pupil about three weeks ago who is studying english at the school Phil works at and she just wanted help with her homework that night. She hasn´t called since for more help but it was a good start for me. Now I have two regular students. One, Alfonso, is a computer engineer and has a pretty high level of English but wants to work on conversation and speaking for his job. The other, Mariana, I met through a friend when we were invited over to her house for dinner. She has a lot lower level of English which makes it harder for me since I have to remember grammatical rules and stuff which I haven´t thought about since probably jr. high :) I meet with both of them once a week right now. Other than that, I have a lot of people I meet who say they are interested and will maybe call me but . . . we´ll see about that.

No comments: