Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Last week was kind of rainy, but we still managed to boulder on Thursday afternoon. Friday Gonzalo called saying he was in Huesca and would come find me when he got done with a meeting there. So I caught a ride to Zaragoza with a fellow teacher and ate a good menú del día while I waited for Gonzalo.

We headed down to Albarracín (Teruel province) to meet up with Paco and Carlitos to boulder for the weekend. As soon as we arrived I spotted Maki´s van, and we met up with Maki (a climber from Alcañiz) and some other climbers for dinner in Bobby´s little motorhome. Spaghetti with fresh picked mushrooms. Climbed all weekend, slept in a dirt parking lot on a bouldering crash pad, and ate fresh mushrooms. The place was packed with climbers. Bouldering is really popular right now, although personally I much prefer climbing routes with a rope. I didn´t get a chance to see much of the town of Albarracín, but I´m sure I´ll be back again.

Monday I went to Teruel with the French language assitant, the American language assistant from Nebraska, and an Australian girl who lives in Alcañiz with her Spanish husband. We had appointments to get our residence cards. Even with the appointment it still took 3 hours of waiting around and I got referred to as the redhead (el pelirojo). Now I have to go back in a month to pick up the card. We didn´t do any exploring so next time I go I will have to explore Teruel. (Andy, I still have the link you sent me.)

No comments: