Wednesday, June 11, 2008

UPDATES!!

It´s been way to long since I´ve written an update and it´s about time since a lot has changed over the past month and many of you probably have no clue what´s going on in my life right now here in far-away Spain!

Well, let me inform you! Phil´s job ended May 29th and we had to move out of our aparment the next day. For the previous two weeks I had frantically been looking for a place to live, perferably a shared apartment but the choosing was slim. Thankfully the Lord was looking out for me (as He is always doing for His children) and a woman from my church who heard I was looking for a room told me one day at church that she had talked to her husband and I could stay with them in their extra room if I didn´t find anything by moveout time. Well, after a crazy day of packing up all our stuff (we waited til the last moment cause we thought, ´we don´t have much, it won´t take long´) I moved in with Ana and Ruben and their two daughters, Esther and Irene and Phil left for El Chorro in Malaga to live the climbing life for two weeks before heading back to the U.S. What I didn´t know was that what my family was thinking about me staying with them--how long, how much should i pay them, etc, etc. Well it turns out that they are fine with me staying here for as much time as I like. Of course this may change once they discover how hard I am to live with (right Annette?) :) Furthermore they told me I don´t need to pay anything for the room because they aren´t using it and the only thing is when Ana´s parents come to visit I will have to sleep in the girl´s room. I only have to pay for the food that I eat.

Well, it´s been almost 2 weeks now that I have been living with them and it is working out really well. It has truly been a blessing living with this family. Not only am I learning and practicing more Spanish with them, eating delicious food everyday, but I am gettting to know more of the people at church because of them which had been a challenge for Phil and I to do before. It´s always good to have an enchufe (look that one up in the spanish dict. :)

Besides the move, I am making the switch from having different tutoring classes due to the beginning of summer and the change in people´s schedules. I have a lost a few students but am also gaining others so things are looking good. I turned in my resume to a high school here for a possible job next school year helping with the bilingual teaching. The director says I have a good chance but it´s the Education Council of Cuidad Real that really has the ultimate say so you can keep that in your prayers for me.

Pictures are coming very very soon.

1 comment:

Sandy Kats said...

Thanks for the update! I do check your blog about 5 times a week. Often I see the same old thing, but I keep looking--so it is nice to see something new and learn what you are up to.