Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Phil safely arrives on U.S. soil

Yes, after spending two weeks climbing in El Chorro (the highpoint of which was the ascent of a 200+ meter route) I passed through Valdepenas for a final farewell: rock climbing in two previously unvisited spots and saying goodbye to everyone at church. Friday night I slept at the climbing gym and the other nights with Gonzalo and Marcos. Monday morning I missed the 7AM bus to Madrid but still managed to arrive at the airport with a little time to spare catching a later train.

I am now in Chicago for a week and will arrive in San Diego next Tuesday. As for summer plans I will be working for Dad and climbing in Yosemite in September (hopefully).

I have just found out that I will be working in a high school next year in AlcaƱiz, Teruel, Aragon. It is Teruel's second biggest town with 15,000 inhabitants (about half the size of Valdepenas). Hard to find a whole lot on the internet about it but it should be all right. (I think there is a climbing gym there and also some real quality climbing spots within a 100 kms) Check out the location on google maps, it's a little of the beaten path which could mean some rather long bus rides.

No comments: