Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The daily grind by Phil

Well, vacation is over, for now. I am still on the look out for accounting jobs, but I have been hired full time (despite being as noncommittal as possible) at Walter's Wholesale Electrical through the temp agency. I'm driving a 1 ton 12 foot stake bed delivery truck all over the county for them. It's down just into Vista and I start at 6am, which is good because I'm out by 3. I'm thankful to have a job even if it is something I don't plan on doing long term.

Friday night I went climbing at Woodson and ended up locking my keys in the trunk when I changed into shorts (I was tired). I ended up getting a ride home and leaving the car there until Saturday afternoon when I went climbing again. As we pulled up Saturday I saw a pile of glass next to the passenger side and I new I had been broken into. They stole the owner's manual binder which had my registration and insurance, took most of the loose change, stole my copy of Moby Dick (which I've been reading for a couple of years now), and popped the trunk and took my pants (with the key in the pocket), my climbing backpack with my camera and some of my less expensive climbing gear (fortunately the cams were at home). Just a bad series of events.

I'm taking Friday and Monday off work for the much anticipated climbing trip to Indian Creek, Utah. Trip update later.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh Phil, that is awful that somebody stole your stuff! I remember reading an article in the paper a while back that mentioned that they get a lot of cars broken into up there and how they want to build a parking lot there. Wish I could have warned you earlier!

Sandy Kats said...

Sorry to hear that, Phil. It is frustrating to say the least. Anyway, on the positive side we have a doe's hind quarter in the freezer for you when you return. :) Sorry you weren't around when Jerry got it. We attempted to reach you, but you are off climbing. We hope you have a good safe time. Tootles.