Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Finally, the furgoneta




I have finally bought a vehicle. It is a ´92 Citroen C-15, diesel. In Spain this type of vehicle is called a furgoneta, I guess you can call it a van? I felt like I was 16 again driving it around yesterday, just getting familiar with the new car and the European streets. Yesterday I went to the junkyard (between classes) and found a window latch because one of them was broken. I also found an old mapbook of Spain and a C-15 owner´s manual. Also a piece of weatherstripping that the rear door was missing. All for 3 Euros, you gotta love the junkyard... Next up is mounting a bed in the back.

In other news Spain has been having a lot of rainy or windy weather so climbing has been difficult. Luckily here in Alcañiz we have lots of options. One weekend Mason and I climbed a fun multipitch route (and got soaking wet walking down afterwards). Another day I went to Margalef for the day. We have also been bouldering a lot, it is not uncommon on the weekends to see a group of 20 people bouldering somewhere in Alcañiz, with worse weather elsewhere the climbers from Zaragoza have been coming to try out Alcañiz´s boulder problems.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! My youngest son defies gravity! I was glad to see the three pads under you.

What a great little car- looks like fun.

Phillip and Amy said...

haha!! I love your comment Mom. . made me laugh out loud. yeah, Phil does some pretty amazing and crazy stuff, like buy a car in spain, gotta love it!

watch out spain, here comes Phil!

Anonymous said...

Do you have a license to drive that??? Cool car Phil, are they all diesels or was that an option when new?

Anonymous said...

If I come to Spain do I get to ride in Phil's new car?! How many people can you seat in that thing?

Anonymous said...

I want a ride too! Can you fit a bunch of howerzyls and a saffiote in your little furgoneta?

J. Koonce said...

I was wondering about the license as well...

I would still have liked to have seen you get a Spanish bike before a car.