Tuesday, April 29, 2008

What´s this?! Amy is writing a blog entry?!?

So. . . many of you may be wondering "what are Amy and Phillip doing?" , "are they still living in Spain?", "are they still alive!?". Well, we have been rather slack in our blog postings so you have the right to have these questions running through your head. As our most recent postings mention our parents made the trip across the pond to visit us for Spring Break. We had an excellent time and it was great to see some family again.

Over the past few months I have been having a steady amount of work with about 10 regular students every week. I usually meet with most of my students at night but I have a few I meet with now in the mornings and a two kids I meet with twice a week in the afternoon. I now have two groups of kids that I work with which is fun but much more challenging than the adults I have because I actually have to prepare something and try to keep them in line :) I was recently offered a job as an english teacher for a class of kids for three times a week that may start in June. A girl at church is planning on opening a center for kids (room for birthday parties and tutoring classes offered too). She´s still in the process of renting the place and working out all the details so nothing is for certain yet but there´s possiblity here for me!

Besides the heavy work load I have daily (ha! that´s a joke;) I have been keeping busy by going to the climbing gym here to workout on Tuesdays and Thursdays and sometimes other days to just hang out with friends there. I usually go climbing outside on the weekends nearby. This past weekend a large group of us from Valdepeñas went down to Jaen (2 hours) where there was a concentration of climbers for three days. What this means is that climbers from all over go to a certain place and go climbing during the day and hang out, camping in masse at night. Phil went on the bus on Friday and met some people to go climbing with on Sat. I went with some friends here on Sat. and we ran into Phil that night in camp. It was really hot but we had a good time climbing and hanging out.

This weekend there is a workers´ holiday in Spain on Thursday so it forms what is called a puente, or bridge, and many people have Friday off too making a long 4 day weekend. We hope to go climbing in the some mountains close to Madrid but we´re not sure yet what will actually happen. We play it day by day here sometimes :)

In other news, Phil is almost done with his work term here. It ends the end of May and then he is planning on doing some traveling, probably in the north of Spain before returing home to California. I will be staying here for the summer and plan to come home in September to visit the family and friends and then possibly will be returning to live here for another year. . . another year for more learning Spanish wouldn´t be a bad idea right?! Learning a language is quite a process I´ve come to realize.

Well, that´s the update and I hope I´ve been able to fill in some of the gaps or quited your questioning minds. Hope you are all doing well and feel free to give us an update on your lives too! we´ll try to be more faithful to updating this too :)

No comments: