Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Thoughts on English. . . by Amy

So I was thinking this week how weird it is that I charge people to have a conversation with them. Really that is what most of my classes consist of here. Someone comes over to my place, we sit there for an hour and talk and then they give me ten euros and they leave. And that´s that. Ok, so it´s not that easy I suppose. I have to correct them and try to translate the phrases they say from Spanish to English. Now this may not sound too hard either but I am starting to struggle with finding the right words in English lately. . . guess that´s what happens when you immerse yourself in Spanish. For the majority of my 10 students they just want conversation classes which is fine with me. I also have three kids, ages 4, 5, and 7 whom I play games with that teach them english. It´s pretty fun but hard to get them to talk in english sometimes :)

But that´s what I do. I talk to people and get paid to do it. pretty sweet deal I guess

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its a good thing I dont have to earn money by talking, I'd be broke.

Anonymous said...

that's gotta be jesse! :)

Phillip and Amy said...

HaHa!! I love it. That´s alright Jesse, just as long as you talk to me when i call you on the phone :)