Tuesday, March 24, 2009

March Madness

This month I´ve been away every weekend. The first it was the Ebro river delta with Valentina. We went down to Vinaroz and then up to Amposta and Deltebre and also Tortosa. The weather was a little cold and slightly rainy. On the way back we hit a small town called Miravet with an impressive castle. One way to enter the town is by crossing the river on a cable ferry. It has no motor but is drawn by the river current against the rudders. You drive right on and its 3 euros to get your vehicle across. We left town via the normal road.



The following two weekends I was in Margalef, climbing a little, trying not to overdo it as I have medial epicondylitis. Good sunny weekends with friends and lots of climbing pictures as I was not climbing much.



The following weekend I went to the Pyrenees. Gonzalo is taking a course in Benasque and a group from Valdepeñas came up to the snow. We attempted a 3,000 meter peak the first day wearing crampons the whole day but we didn´t summit (we left too late and ran out of light), but it was still a good time. I also checked out the Arán Valley staying in the town of Salardú and also the Boi area.

This weekend I stayed somewhat local for the first part of the weekend climbing an easy multipitch route in the hot sun Friday, and driving 30 minutes to Alcorisa where snow was falling Saturday night to see some drum sessions (groups getting ready for Holy Week). The weather took a drastic change to cold and rainy but I think in a couple of days we´ll have our spring weather back again. Sunday I went to a reformed presbyterian church in Zaragoza and then went and checked out the Moncayo mountians. On the way back to Alcañiz I detoured to Belchite, sleeping there, and seeing the civil war ruins in the morning. S

Now I am rushing to plan for Spring Break, I´ll be leaving on Friday heading for Galicia...

No comments: