Wednesday, January 28, 2009

January Highlights-- by Amy

Well, as most of you know I went home for Christmas which was great. I got to go climbing with my bro in Woodson,
and play with all my cute nephews and nieces,

before I headed back to ValdepeƱas. The day I arrived (Jan 1st) I headed to the country house of a friend . . .


Where we had lunch Spanish style: barbque chorizo, morcilla, bacon, and chicken and here we are making gauchas

Oso Hermoso was also there, enjoying the country too and trying to steal some of our meat.. .


Then the festivities continued a few days later when our group of climbers from the nave had the annual dinner together at a local resturant. Actually it was lunch this year and though we may not look like it here, Gabriel and I are stuffed! We just finished a four course meal. Gonzalo and Diana are playing with the wine glasses. . . and jumping ahead to this past weekend, here I am on a hike to look a some rock crags close to Castilla de Calatrava I have been much more busy at work this year having more kids and now meeting with 6 adult students too. When I´m not working and the weather is good I have been going climbing. . . so not much has changed with me :)

3 comments:

Kendra said...

Hey Amy,
I am glad you were able to visit home for the Holidays! It sounds like you are doing pretty well (which I am glad for :) You are in my prayers and I miss you!
Love, Kendra

Anonymous said...

no pictures of your handsome bro? what's a guy got to do to make the monthly highlights?!?

Phillip and Amy said...

hmmm, I think you have to be cuter than my cute nephew and nieces because, looking over the pictures I took at Christmas I don´t have any of you!! yes, I know, terrible huh?